Whitham Planning & Design LLC, located in Ithaca, NY, is seeking a Landscape Architectural Associate with expertise in design and planning, for our small, fast-paced, dynamic, and collaborative firm. This position would entail the planning, site design, and coordination of projects at a range of scales, the majority of which are based in upstate New York. Applicants must have experience in landscape design, project research, project coordination for small, mid-size, and large development projects. The ideal candidate will have at minimum 2-3 years’ work experience in a landscape architecture firm in the US.
- Design, management, and production of drawings for projects of different scales and different stages in the design process
- Compilation of targeted project research and analysis into text documents and/or design solutions
- Preparation of and the ability to give verbal, visual, and oral presentations to clients, municipal staff and boards, community members, etc.
- Coordination between clients and consultant teams
- Preparation of proposals, contracts, and cost estimates for upcoming projects
- Preparation of building permit applications, Site Plan Review, SEQR documentation
- A professional Landscape Architecture degree
- Demonstrated ability in Site Planning and Design, Design Detail
- Strong design and writing skills
- Clear communication, organization, and presentation skills
- Effective time management ability with attention to detail
- Other degrees in allied design disciplines, such as in planning or architecture
- Experience with municipal review processes, including Site Plan, SEQR/A, and Zoning Review
- Project management and coordination experience
Required Software Fluency
- AutoCAD to create site, layout, landscape, and detail plan sheets.
- Microsoft Word to write professional memos and other documents
- Adobe InDesign to create presentations, submission packages, documents, etc.
Desired Software Fluency
- Google SketchUp to create site models, renderings, animations, etc.
- Microsoft Excel to create budget spreadsheets, plant lists, etc.
- Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator to create renderings, diagrams, etc.
- Working knowledge of online applications
Whitham Planning and Design LLC is a landscape architecture, planning, and project management firm located in Ithaca, New York. Established in 2010, the firm provides a broad range of services, including site design, approvals planning, and design team management. As part of this work, Whitham Planning and Design LLC acts as project design consultant or project landscape architect, and coordinates all review and permitting aspects of site and building development projects. Whitham Planning and Design LLC has developed strong relationships with professionals in the fields of architecture, landscape architecture, planning, engineering, and graphic design, and works to coordinate collaborative efforts designed to meet specific project requirements.
The position will require approximately 40 hours per week, with some evening meetings.
Candidates are required to submit a resume, cover letter, portfolio (no more than 10 MB), and writing sample. Please send inquiries and application materials to Kathryn Chesebrough email@example.com.
Review of applications will begin immediately, with an expected hire to occur in February 2017. We look forward to reviewing your work.