The SC/ASLA is the official student body organization recognized by ASLA, the professional organization representing landscape architects nationally and internationally, and its local chapter, the Louisiana Chapter ASLA.
Elected officers of the Student Chapter ASLA sit on the Executive Committee of the Lousiana Chapter and there is a representative, elected from all student chapters, that sits on the National ASLA Board of Trustees.
As a liason between students, ASLA and practicing professionals, this organization provides its members contacts with other students, schools and professionals locally and nation-wide, gives them access to valuable literature, information and job-finding opportunities, encourages community service and in general prepares students for their professional careers.
In addition, SC/ASLA represents the student body on various School committees, makes recommendations to the Director, hosts visiting speakers and scholars, organizes various scholarly and social activities and has web links posted through the local state chapter’s own web site.
All students should join!
Student Member dues are $55 per year. It includes:
- a subscription to Landscape Architecture Magazine (LAM)
- discounts to all fee-based National and State Chapter/ASLA services and events including Annual Meetings
- bookstore offerings
- a one-year free membership to ASLA upon their graduation (a $165 value!)
- President: Taylor Fehmel email@example.com
- Vice President: Michael "Jacob" McGill firstname.lastname@example.org
- Secretary: Mai Nguyen email@example.com
- Treasurer: Sophie Lott firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fundraiser Outreach Coordinator: Elizabeth "Betsy" Peterson email@example.com
- PR/Social Media Coordinator: Jabob Boudreaux firstname.lastname@example.org